|Posted on 7 March, 2016 at 1:05||comments (1)|
Cleanliness at Bus Stands
Below are the key issues, root causes and solutions to improve cleanliness at Bus Stands. Kindly review and share any additional inputs you may have on the subject.
We look forward to your inputs!
Swachh Bharat Mission
Cleanliness at Bus Stands – Solutions
1. Toilets should be set up next to every bus stand and regular supply of water and electricity should be ensured
2. All open drains next to the bus stands should be covered
3. Every bus stand should have a cleanliness focal assigned to it from the bus transport corporation
4. Municipal workers should be instructed to pay more attention towards the cleanliness of bus stands
5. Spit bins should be installed on each bus stand
6. Vendors selling tobacco, pan etc. should not be allowed to set shop at bus stands
7. Buses should be properly cleaned after every round
8. Enough dustbins should be installed on every bus stand
9. General masses should be educated about better civic sense through advertisements and other mass media campaigns
10. The corporation which builds bus stands should also create a fund which could be used to maintain these bus stands
11. Storm drains should be made near bus stands so that water could easily clear during the monsoon season
12. A cleanliness law could be created which could prevent people from throwing garbage on roads/bus stands
13. Instructions about cleanliness rules should be posted on all bus stands
14. An online grievance portal to be launched where citizens can upload geo-tagged photos of defaulting bus-stands
15. Old fashioned bus terminals should be redesigned.
Cleanliness Issues at Bus Stands – Root Causes
1. General public in the city lack civic sense
2. The administrative authority for most bus stands have a do not care attitude towards cleanliness
3. The public toilets around the bus stands are very filthy and many times they don’t even have running water
4. People waiting at bus stands throw garbage in corners creating garbage piles
5. Lack of spit bins at bus stands
6. The maintenance of facilities and infrastructure after construction is not taken care of
7. Vendors on the bus stand do not have big enough garbage bins and garbage keeps spilling from them
8. The drainage system around the bus stands is bad
9. Lack of a designated person to look after maintenance of bus stands in the designated area
10. Absence of dustbins at bus stands
11. There is lack of effective laws to force people to ensure cleanliness, as in other countries
12. Drains are open in general which are treated as the places for garbage disposal making them choked all the time and overflow in the event of rains.
Cleanliness Issues at Bus Stands – Issues
1. Bus stands are very unclean
2. People urinate next to the bus stands
3. There are open drains near many bus stands creating a foul smell
4. One can see a lot of garbage all around the bus stand
5. People waiting for buses spit around the bus stand
6. Seats on the bus stands are very dirty
7. Travellers dispose plastic bags, food items etc. at bus stands
8. Tea stalls/gutkha vendors dispose their waste materials on the bus stand premises
9. During rainy season, the bus stand become open pond with no option but to face the dirt all round
10. Some bus stands are occupied by the homeless
11. Petty vendors like peanuts sellers, fruit sellers create not only chaotic situation but also create lot of garbage.
|Posted on 14 September, 2015 at 7:40||comments (0)|
It is observed that in India 48 percent population defecates in the open, which is a matter of shame for the country completed 68 years of Independence. So, it is a pick time to raise our voice to stop open defecation in India and long time ago Gandhiji said that sanitation is more important than independence and considering this great sentence in mind Chilarai Krishi Bikash Samity, an NGO established in 1997 has started sanitation campaign in Dhubri district of Assam from 2nd October,2014 to make Dhubri a open defecation free district of Assam.
The Society has started awareness programme among the rural people to aware not to defecate in the open and use sanitary latrines.In 2nd October,2014 this Society has distributed more than 300 tree plants among the people under Uttar Geramari Gaon Panchayat. The President has inaugurated the plants distribution programme in presence of Secretary and other Members of the Panchayat. The General Secretary of the Society has also distributed the plants .Some informative Booklets are also distributed among people for awareness.